This Medical Video:
• Define and use related medical terminology.
• Describe and
demonstrate techniques for imaging the thyroid gland.
functional abnormalities of the thyroid gland.
laboratory data relevant to the thyroid and parathyroid
• Describe, and recognize on images, pathologies of the
• Identify the anatomy of the parathyroid glands
on diagrams and sonograms.
• Describe and demonstrate techniques
for imaging the parathyroid glands.
• Describe, and recognize on
images, pathologies of the parathyroid glands.
• List and
describe other neck masses.
• Follow relevant protocols when
• Differentiate the sonographic appearances of the
female reproductive organs in relation to the menstrual cycle, the
use of contraceptives and hormone replacement, and following
• Explain the Patient Privacy Rule (HIPAA) and
Patient Safety Act (see reference).