This Medical Video:
1. Ask the patient to tell you if these maneuvers
causes excessive discomfort or pain. ++
2. Press upward under both
eyebrows with your thumbs.
3. Press upward under both maxilla with
4. Excessive discomfort on one side or significant
pain suggests sinusitis.
Sinus Trans illumination 1. Darken the
room as much as possible. ++
2. Place a bright otoscope or other
point light source on the maxilla.
3. Ask the patient to open their
mouth and look for an orange glow on the hard palate.
decreased or absent glow suggests that the sinus is filled with
something other than air.
Temporomandibular Joint 1. Place the
tips of your index fingers directly in front of the tragus of each
2. Ask the patient to open and close their mouth.
any decreased range of motion, tenderness, or swelling.